Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conduit DLL Error?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keoni2013

keoni2013

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hi, this is my first post on this site. I was wondering if anybody could help. About a week ago I've been receiving these startup .dll errors. I followed the procedure on a like in the forum and this is what I've got. http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sm70k If you're wondering what forum it was from here's the link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503142/conduit-dll-error/ If you could help that would be great! This is from AutoRuns. btw

Edited by hamluis, 07 December 2013 - 06:24 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

First of all, welcome to BC !

If you are still suffering problems, the best thing for you to do is to post this problem in the 'Am I infected?' section of BC. The reason is that while your problem may seem to be the same as someone else's, it may not be !

When you post there, include details like make and model of your computer, or the main specs if it is self-built, and the OS you use.

Be patient, these guys are busy, and if you don't understand something you are asked to do, post back for clarification.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

RunDLL32.exe is a legitimate Windows file that executes/loads .dll (Dynamic Link Library) modules which too can be legitimate or sometimes malware related. A RunDLL "Error loading..." or "specific module could not be found" message usually occurs when the .dll file(s) that was set to run at startup or as scheduled task in the registry or as a scheduled task has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file(s) but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry still remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry or scheduled task entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

Please download AutoRuns and save it to your Desktop.
  • Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there.
  • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When finished scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom and list all entries under the Everything tab.
  • In the top menu, click File > Find... and type the name of the .dll file related to the error message, then click Find Next.
  • Alternatively, you can scroll through the list and look for any entry related to conduit and the file related to the error message
  • If found, right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Exit Autoruns and reboot your computer when done.
If the error is related to BackgroundContainer.dll, an alternate way to resolve this issue is as follows:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Open Task Scheduler and click on Task Scheduler Library.
3. Look through the list for an entry related to BackgroundContainer.
4. If found, right-click on it and select Delete.
5. Exit all programs and reboot the computer when done.

Note: If you are using WinPatrol, launch the program or right-click on Scotty's system tray icon and choose "Display Scheduled Tasks". Under this tab, you can remove any scheduled task entry by right-clicking on the entry and selecting "Remove" from the context menu.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users