Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba satellite C655D-S5209 keyboard replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimbobasdf

jimbobasdf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

i didnt know what category to put this in but i figured a laptop keyboard is internal.

correct me if im wrong, and i can post it in the external category

I have a Toshiba satellite C655D-S5209
I need a new keyboard and I am looking at this one.  
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA30R1279198
the Newegg title is:
Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5200 C655D-S5133 C655D-S5120 C655D-S5200 Keyboard Black

it says my model number all except the S5209.  is this going to matter, or will this keyboard work on my laptop?

they carry several others but none list the s5209 specifically.
search newegg for "Toshiba satellite c655d keyboard" to see the list.  please help, I need this laptop working. I have work that needs doing and i cant afford to be down much longer, so any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

eBay.com > Keyboard for Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 C655D-S5209 C655D-S5136 C655D-S5138 - $10.99 (USD)

#3 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to the forum jimbobasdf! Most of the time, minor variations in model numbers aren't significant in terms of replacement parts; lots of parts are shared across multiple models. All the same, it's best to get an exact match if you can. Currently, I buy most of my laptop parts on eBay, and as long as you are dealing with a top rated vendor you shouldn't have any significant problems. It would have been helpful if SpywareDoc had posted a working link to the vendor he suggested, but you shouldn't have any problem doing a search on eBay and locating a replacement keyboard. If you are in a hurry, pay attention to the vendor's estimated shipping date and delivery options. If you aren't comfortable with buying on eBay, I would expect the newegg.com option would work just fine for only a few more bucks.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users