Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homeplug compatibility ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chicchio

Chicchio

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hello !

I have used a couple of Netgear Homeplug, the XAVB2101, rated of conntection up to 200 Mbps, to connect my daughters XBox to the router. All was fine for a long time, but few weeks ago my other daughter, whose room is upstairs, said that she needed a stronger WiFi connection.

I bought a pair of new homeplug, the Netgear XAV 5201 and the one with WiFi, the XWN 5001. Both are rated of connection up to 500 Mbps.

So i have four homeplug connected: the XAV5001 near to the router, the XWN 5001 upstairs, and the two XAVB 2101 in other places of my house. Using Netgear SW PowerLine Genie says it is all OK.

Unfortunately, the homeplug net now seems to be very unstable, frequently a "restart" of the homeplug is needed (unplug from electrical outlet, and replug).

Even if Netgear says that all their homeplug are full compatible, I wonder if it is really true, and having two kind of homeplug on the same "net" is OK.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users