Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whats the difference between LGA 1150 an FCBGA1364?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hi guys,

i am looking at come new hardware and found this CPU (i7-4850HQ) with the FCBGA1364 socket. is there an LGA equivalent or is it totally different?

Thanks

Simon Lehmann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

The i7-4850HQ is a mobile processor based on the Haswell architecture.  Is that what you are looking for?  BGA processors are soldered into place permanently.  The non-BGA socket mobile i7 (Haswell) uses socket G3 which is a pin grid array (PGA) socket.  The i7-4xxxMQ mobile processors use this socket.

Currently all desktop Haswell processors are on the LGA 1150 socket.  Top end Ivy Bridge-E i7 processors are on socket LGA 2011. There is no Haswell version of these yet.

Here's a comparison between the i7-4850HQ and a desktop i7-4770K - http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/300/Intel_Core_i7_Mobile_i7-4850HQ_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-4770K.html  The desktop i7-4770K will be quicker but uses more power, and has lower spec integrated graphics (HD4600 vs. Iris Pro 5200).

Edited by jonuk76, 07 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh I See

No i am not looking for the mobile processor.

Thanks a lot

Simon Lehmann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users