Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is Beeping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PDARR

PDARR

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

My desk top has been unused for over a year. I hooked everything up and turned it on. A blue screen opened and said something about a line, then shut down and beeps. I couldn't read all of the blue screen because it shut down in the blink of an eye. Can I fix the problem or do I need to see an IT guy.

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Open the case...remove the RAM modules...use a can of compressed air to blow dust out of the system, paying particular attention to the CPU fan and the slots for RAM.

Insert 1 RAM module, see if it boots now.

Louis

#3 Sasi Kumar

Sasi Kumar

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

When your system starts [Just after you press power button] keep pressing F8 to invoke hmmm... i dont know lets say a set of menu's will appear in the screen select

"Disable Automatic restart on failure" option now the system wont restart post the error/technical detail line that you see or a screenshot from a camera will help.

A blue screen may be caused due to various reason most likely Memory or HDD or faulty driver or simply to remind you that you are running windows lol :P

In addition to what hamluis has suggested in the above post you may also want to use a eraser[White soft one] to remove "dust rust" caused by moist/humid climate on your ram chip as it did not work for last 1 year. Be gentle dont put too much pressure you just have to rub from top to bottom of that gold color connector at bottom. Also basic RAM handling ethics is must with static discharge. This has worked for me more than 50 times at least on every old desktops that i came to work on similar problems.

uzbl.jpg

#4 PDARR

PDARR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

I forgot to let everyone know that I cleaned my memory stick contact points with alcohol, blew out the slots and I'm back in business. Thanks everybody. 

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

:thumbup2: , good news, thanks for letting us know.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users