Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inkscape?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hermesx

Hermesx

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Has anybody heard anything good about Inkscape or rather if it is safe to use? Currently using GIMP, but vector graphics seem like they interest me. :)

I appreciate all the help that anyone ever provides me with. Thank you to everyone that has assisted me in the past. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Open source tools, such as GIMP and Inkscape, are generally fairly safe. Just make sure they have made a name for themselves, and your not the first user to ever use it.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here is what Web of Trust says.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/inkscape.org

#4 marryanderson322

marryanderson322

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:41 AM

I did not hear anything about this program, in fact the best is Photoshop

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Although Photoshop is about the best, most people can get by without using Photoshop. Why pay for a subscription when an open source program like GIMP can do the job for free. I would say 90% of the people using Photoshop do not use half it's capability. It's software for professional graphic artists.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

Photoshop is not relevant to this discussion as it is a raster graphics package and the OP is interested in a vector graphics package, they are inherently different.

Yes Inkscape is safe to use. It is widely used in Linux, which, like Gimp, is where it originated. That is not to say that it is particularly easy to use but practice makes perfect !  I have it on my computer but have made little use of it as I have been a long time user of Serif's DrawPlus.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users