Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Win8 identifying AOC monitor properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 star rice

star rice

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I recognized the problem immediately when my monitor came on at 1024 x 768 resolution instead of its normal 1980 x 1080 resolution. Thinking the resoution just got set lower I went to the control panel only to find that the monitor is listed as "Generic non-pnp monitor" and the only resolution available is 1024 x 768.

Since this I have tried downloading the drivers from the AOC website and told the computer to look for drivers in that folder. It said that the drivers are up to date so I am unsure if its actually using drivers from there or not. I've tried uninstalling the monitor and then restarting. Before restarting it just lists the monitor as "other" but still holds the 1024 x 768 resolution. After restarting it comes up the same as before.

I'm at a loss of what to do here. I've googled quite a bit and found that perhaps the EDID information isn't being sent or received properly? I unplugged the monitor, unplugged the VGA from both the tower and the monitor, then reconnected it all again and that didn't help. None of the pins on the VGA cables are broken and I am still at a loss for what it might be.

I don't have any other monitors to test will so I am stuck not knowing if this is truly a software or hardware issue.

The exact monitor I have is an AOC 22" e2243fwk monitor. I'm running Windows 8 on an ASUS desktop. If you need anymore specs please just ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 star rice

star rice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Woah, okay. I just looked at my device manager and my graphics card was flagged. Not knowing what was up with it I updated its drivers and then suddenly my screen flashed a bit then returned to its native resolution and very crisp graphics. Turns out this wasn't a monitor issue at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users