Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfereing files from older Galaxy 10.1 to a new one.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bill7929

bill7929

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I am buying my wife a new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 to replace the one she has had for several years. Since these tablets do not have USB ports I was wondering if anyone knows how I would transfer settings, pictures and any saved files from the old unit to the new one.  Thanks for your help and everyone have a Happy Holiday Season !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Samsung has Kies. There's also Airdroid (the one I like). You connect them together via wifi and pass files back and forth. Or move them to a regular computer from one and to the new tablet from there.

As for apps, as long as the same gmail address is used they'll show up under the All tab under My Apps in the Playstore. If any of them were from the Amazon App Store and don't show up in the Playstore, Amazon has those saved as well (under Cloud in the apps list). In both cases it's just a matter of installing them again.

Settings, passwords and those sorts of things are another matter. The way I handle passwords is to use Keepass and Dropbox. Keepass works for Android, Windows and linux. I store the password db in the Dropbox folder (I had tocreate and set this up using Dropsync on Android). That way updates, additions, changes etc are available in all places.

There may be a way to get settings moved, too. But I never bothered trying or looking into it.

#3 panologic

panologic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Go to the link below to know how to transfer settings, pictures and saved files from Samsung galaxy tablets to other devices.

http://samsunggeeks.com/2013/05/01/how-to-transfer-media-from-one-samsung-galaxy-device-to-another-galaxy-device/

#4 Shackks

Shackks

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Samsung has Kies. There's also Airdroid (the one I like). You connect them together via wifi and pass files back and forth. Or move them to a regular computer from one and to the new tablet from there.

No offense, but Kies are really not that stable, especially after the recent update.

#5 oliverkelly

oliverkelly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

I like Airdroid but there's a lot of apps that allow this. Such as, My Backup Pro has a lot of cool features for backing up your data. Just make sure your phones are both connected to the same wifi network when you're doing this.  :bounce: 

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

+1 for AirDroid. The one recurring complaint I've read about MyBackup Pro is that many times there is not enough space for everything you want to back up. I have never used the service, so I can neither confirm nor deny, just warn it's possible.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users