Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Risk Website Blocked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 edbrackin

edbrackin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I went to Windows/Security/Anti-Rootkit-Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit/

I selected the Download from Customers web page.  And I got this message from my Sophos Antivirus software.

High risk website blocked.

Access has be blocked to "d.delivery45.com/widget/render/has/7848fda042ab754f96db..." as 'Mal/HTMLGen-A' has been found at this website.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

What does Sophos say when you download from here  Malwarebytes : Solve Your Malware Problems With Our Help

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 edbrackin

edbrackin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

i went to the link you suggest Buddy215.  NP.  I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA also with no problem at all.

Thanks

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

For what it is worth....doing a search online for 'Mal/HTMLGen-A several of the top responses are proclaiming a Sophos false positive.

Before responding to your topic I downloaded and scanned the MBAM .exe using VirusTotal's 40+ scanners and 2 unknown to me security

programs reported malware...I feel confident they too are false positives.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Were you logged in when you went to download the file? Or were you seeing ads?

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

FWIW, Sophos seems to falsely detect the d.delivery45.com domain, see here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/e365ed24fd28c791f72754b58586c07d97c022b36d280bdbdd38c6b6741f44fd/analysis/1386364147/

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users