Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slide show is including cd covers in with pictures

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 regazza

regazza

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

the slide show on my XP is now including cd covers, from my music, with my pictures.  I have looked into my documents/my pictures and there are no cd covers included in there and I hadn't put any in there.  How can I get my slide show back to showing just my pictures again please?

Edited by hamluis, 06 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.
Moved from XP to Graphics Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

What software was used...to create the slideshow?  I suspect that's the answer.

Louis

#3 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Louis, the software is XP's My Documents\My Pictures and also Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2.  I wanted to transfer some pictures from Adobe to another pc and don't use this software now it has  been discontinued and never upgraded it. Please don't tell me it has infected my pc.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Who said anything about infection...where did that come from.

In any case...some software when setup (such as WMP)...is given permission by the user to update data from the Internet.  In the case of such permission given, the program may eventually download such updates or missing data relative to items on the system.

Louis

#5 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

Some of the pictures in My Documents\My Pictures open with Adobe Photoshop and I wanted to know if I could or how I could not have them open with Adobe.  The Adobe software I have nas now been discontinued and I understood, obviously wrongly, :unsure: that software that wasn't up-to-date could cause infections.

#6 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

During music and video playback, Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center among other apps, go online and download a bunch of cover images to "enhance" your playback pleasure by cluttering up your screen with this questionable "art". The image files are hidden files and can be seen by clicking on Tools in Windows Explorer, then selecting Folder Options/View and, under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". You'd be amazed at how much junk is on your disk from various sources.

#7 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

During music and video playback, Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center among other apps, go online and download a bunch of cover images to "enhance" your playback pleasure by cluttering up your screen with this questionable "art". The image files are hidden files and can be seen by clicking on Tools in Windows Explorer, then selecting Folder Options/View and, under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". You'd be amazed at how much junk is on your disk from various sources.

Thanks very much for that.  :thumbup2:  I got this prob since I started tinkering about in Adobe photoshop, so I shall go into Tools and look in there.  I thought I should upgrade Adobe photoshop and it seems really odd that version 12, the latest edition, is alot cheaper than the old version 11. :unsure:

#8 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

The image files are hidden files and can be seen by clicking on Tools in Windows Explorer, then selecting Folder Options/View and, under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". You'd be amazed at how much junk is on your disk from various sources.

I haven't been able to see any of the image files or any other hidden files from selecting Show hidden files etc.  Should I have not had to go into another folder/file to see them as I am still getting a junk slideshow. 

#9 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

If you have enabled hidden files, go into your music and video folders. You'll see the pictures there. You can also search My Music and My Videos for .jpg files.

#10 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

After enabling hidden files I did not find any of the pictures, that were of CD covers, in either My Music or My Pictures  that was why I wondered where they were.  I did a search and found loads of images of different countries ie. belgium-intro, files on different countries, first aid images and loads of anwb_00 files but no images of the CD covers :( .  I have got loads of pictures that I want to see on the slide show but I keep getting my CD covers. :thumbdown:

#11 regazza

regazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

It might be of help to someone else if they have the same issue that I sorted it by selecting all my pictures in My Pictures and opening all of them with My Pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users