Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot access the internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dbinphilly

dbinphilly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

A few days ago I removed two apparent viruses from my system:  "Scorpian Saver" and "Level Quality Watcher".  Both of these were generating popups onto my web browser.  I removed them. 

The next day I no longer had internet access.  I can see other computers on my LAN and can access data on those workstations.  

I can startup Chrome and Firefox and Internet Explorer.  None can find any websites.  Any programs that access the internet to look for updates no longer can find the updates. 

Strangely, my Google drive works. 

Is anyone familiar with this problem and is there any solution?

Edited by dbinphilly, 06 December 2013 - 08:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

First off, welcome to BC !

Both these 'applications' are listed as virus / malware, and it is highly likely that you still have them active in your system. Your best bet is to post in the 'Am I infected' section of the forum and take it from there. That section is where the malware speciallists live. However, these guys are busy - so be patient and follow their instructions carefully. If you don;t understand something you are asked to do, post back for clarification. It will help them also if you list your make and model of computer, OS and other relevant information.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

I noticed you followed the advice given by Chris and started a new topic in Am I Infected. To avoid confusion, this one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users