Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon "b200" error while printing.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi,

I have a Canon Pixma ip3300. I was printing some documents when I got the error code "b200". I have DONE the following : turned off the power and unplugged power cord and USB, Pressed down the power button while off, and other combinations of this (it is supposed to reset the printer). On opening the cover, the cartridges don't move to the centre like they should do. In fact there are NO lights for the cartridges at all. I can't even print a test page from the Printer's Menu.

The Windows 7 Trouble Shooter say that there are no problems!!

Is there a "FIX" for this or have I got to get a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by English Teacher, 05 December 2013 - 06:32 PM.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Try the following. With the power off, open the cover and pull the cartridges to the center, Remove the cartridges, lift the lever for the printhead, remove it and then clean the copper contacts with some distilled water and a cotton swab being carefull not to touch the printer head nozzles or ink supply ports. Make sure the contacts are dry and then replace the printer head and ink cartridges. Turn the power on and see if the cartridge lights come on.

#3 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say it didn't work.  The lights seem to flash in a sequence. I remember reading once that this sequence indicates different errors. Mine flash ten times. The ip3300 only has two lights/buttons. A green one which is the power and an orange one is the alarm and out of paper signal.

What about if I opened it up and see if I can see anything unusual? Any manuals around for this? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by English Teacher, 07 December 2013 - 05:24 AM.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

See the following link for error codes.

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/the-meaning-of-canon-printer-warning-light-flashes.html

When printing from the Rear Tray, return the Front Tray to its normal printing position, make sure that paper is loaded in the Rear Tray, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer to resume printing. Refer to Loading Paper for details about how to return the Front Tray to its normal printing position.

If you have moved the Front Tray during printing, return the Front Tray to the correct position, then press the RESUME/CANCELbutton on the printer and try printing again.
Do not move the Front Tray during printing.

You can get the manual off the USA site. I could not find it on the Europe site. It should be the same.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip3300#BrochuresAndManuals

You can also contact Canon Support or Access their forums which may provide more help. Good Luck.

http://www.canon.com/support/

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/bd-p/personalprinters

#5 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this. When this happened I had just left the printer to do 2 print jobs, the 1st of 21 pages and the 2nd of 17. When I went back, only the first job had been completed and an error window was on the computer with the 2nd uncompleted.

I can say that nobody moved the computer or printer or anything else.

I think it could be something more serious (electrical maybe) as it seems strange that the cartridge lights aren't on.

Thanks anyway.

I've posted on the Canon forum and will here if and when anybody replies.

Thanks once again. I suspect I'll be posting here for advice on buying a new printer!!!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

That error can also happen if the printer head overheats but a canon printer head is so expensive you are better off getting a new printer. some people fixed the problem by running warm water over the printer head and letting dry overnight but I would do this as a last resort, There are youtube videos and websites showing the procedure. Hopefully somebody at the Canon forum will solve your issue.

#7 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

The latest is this, I've opened up the printer casing completely to see if I could see anything abnormal.

I couldn't see anything but there is a strange smell which comes from the motor which moves the cartridges and print head back and forth.

I suspect that the motor has burnt out. In which case it maybe time for a new computer.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anybody on the Canon forum can suggest anything but I'm not holding my breath!!

#8 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

Last update for this topic!!

The problem was that the motor had burnt out. As it would have cost nearly as much as a new printer...I got a new printer!!

Thanks for the help anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users