Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I have re-encrypted some Crilocked files.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billch249

billch249

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Five months ago I had to pay the $300.00 to get my files un-encrypted by cri-loc.

My green dot  code is 4344 3693 2504 52     Cri-loc accepted it and began the un-encryption process.   Now I need how to permanently un-encrypt my data files.

Ignoring the morals or fairness, they did say at the end if I had problem files to list the  and they would try again.  Obviously I could not test over ten thousand files.  They had also warned if I tried to removed their files, they would retaliate by encrypting permanently.

Last week, I tried to convert a Word .doc file to an Adobe .pdf file.  I had never tried that before.  I am not convinced that was the reason, but slowly, over days, just my data files have become encrypted again - in a similar fashion similar to the Cri-loc.  My most favored computer professional took my computer for a week and decided the files were encrypted.  There is no hope unless the nice folks at Cri-loc have provided some way for geeks like me to get my files re-un-encrypted.

Has anyone had any experience like this?  TO BE SIMPLE, does anyone know how I can unencrypt the subset of Cri-loc files that have been encrypted twice now?   I have no proof that Cri-loc is the cause but I do have ancillary and collaborative evident like old Cri-loc messages reappearing at illogical times.

I have a hate-like relationship with Cri-loc.  While I despise their immoral actions, I do admire their ability to actually do it.  I cannot believe they would let some glitch in their program ruin my computer life after dutifully paying my $300.00.    I believe they should feel honor -bound to help me

I need for them to become aware of my problem and allow me some way to un-encrypt these files a second time.

This time, it is just data files specific to a specific program, not the program.  Like .doc & .docx; .pdf.  I use accounting & tax return programs that create their own unique data file extensions.  Even those are not encrypted.

I will appreciate any ideas - no matter how outlandish or "out side the box" they may appear

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brian81

Brian81

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

They're using unbreakable encryption. And I'm 100% certain they won't just give you the ability to decrypt the files. The best thing to do is take back ups in case situations like this arise. I wouldn't of advised paying the ransom fee but I know some do because the data they have is that important.

backups backups backups...

Fact is they only care about the money..that's the whole point of their operation.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Some victims of crypto malware infection have reported success recovering data using Windows Previous Versions or Shadow Explorer if system restore was enabled (turned on). However, newer variants have been reported to erase all shadow copies as part of its routine.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Moses_of_Egypt

Moses_of_Egypt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

As long as you have the private key(which gets put in your registry by buying it) you can use my program to try and decrypt the files if they were encrypted twice with the same key. Not gonna guarantee it though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514525/paid-the-cryptolocker-ransom-but-files-were-missed-try-this/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users