Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi connecting problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 panteramatt

panteramatt

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

My laptop has problems connecting to my wifi. Im using a D Link 524 router and my laptop has vista. Itll connect automatically very good for a few weeks then all a sudden have problems where the only fix is to unplug the router and reset. If it does connect, sometimes it says it has limited access or the little world wont appear and I wont have internet access. My wifes Kindle sometimes has problems also and my signal is strong. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sounds like you may need to do a DNS flush,

1. Click the Start button.
  2. On the Start menu, click Run....
    • If you do not see the Run command in Vista, enter run in the Search bar.
  3. Type the following command in the Run text box: ipconfig /flushdns

Let me know if this helps and good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users