Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash player not working on Win 7 IE11 64 bit computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wrhatt

wrhatt

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

I have tried Adobes web site to fix this problem but they have been unable to fix it.  When I go to a news web site for a video it says I need to install a Flash player. But according to Adobes test web page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html my Flash player is working as I see the ball going back and forth. While Flash works with my Chrome browser I have to get working with IE for my work place. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Maybe roll back to IE10. A lot of users are having issues with IE11.

#3 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

As frankp316 recommended many users are experiencing this problem.

However, some users have reported success by turning off Smart Screen Filter by clicking on 'Safety' and choosing to turn it off. Then close and reopen.

Others have found a temporary fix by clicking on 'Tools' then selecting 'Manage Add-ons' disable 'Flash' then close browser, reopen and then enable 'Flash'.

If this does not work then you can revert back to ie 10 by:

Go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features. Click on 'View Installed Updates' (in the left panel), find the 'Windows Internet Explorer 11', check the box next to it, click the 'Uninstall' at the top. IE11 will be uninstalled and will automatically go back to IE10. Also you will need to go to "HELP' and click on 'About Internet Explorer' and 'Uncheck' Install New Versions Automatically otherwise ie 11 will be downloaded again.

Hope this works for you

Good Luck

#4 wrhatt

wrhatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. Looks like I'll have to roll it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users