Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet keeps disconnecting on my Asus N76VM.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joost Dingemans

Joost Dingemans

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a Asus n76vm laptop for about 1.5 year now. Since the beginning I have had wireless problems. Wherever I go - to a friend, school or my girlfriend even at home - my internet keeps on disconnecting for a few seconds to a minute. This is very frustrating because when the problem is at its peek it disconnects about every 2 minutes. I have tried a lot of things already when I was searching solutions on the internet and nothing seems to work yet.

Could anyone help me please?

I am getting really frustrated!

I added 2 pics showing the internet working, and not working.

Important to know:
It happens everywhere I am connected to WIFI.
When I am gaming (League of Legends) and I am in game, I do not disconnect, but I do sometimes when I am still looking for a game.
When I am on ethernet the problem does not occur.
I know 3 other people with N76VM laptops that have the same problem, and I only know 3 other people with the same problem.
I have already contacted Asus, yet they did not find anything that is wrong with my internet.

Also here are my pc specs:

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM Processor
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel® HM76 Chipset
DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 GB SDRAM
17.3" HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/Wide View Angle LED Backlight
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
750GB 5400/7200RPM 

Network specs:
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0 (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base T

Attached Files

Edited by Joost Dingemans, 05 December 2013 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,747 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a Asus n76vm laptop for about 1.5 year now. Since the beginning I have had wireless problems.

I added 2 pics showing the internet working, and not working.

Important to know:
It happens everywhere I am connected to WIFI.
When I am on ethernet the problem does not occur.
I know 3 other people with N76VM laptops that have the same problem, and I only know 3 other people with the same problem.
I have already contacted Asus, yet they did not find anything that is wrong with my internet.

Seems to me that your statements indicate that you should have...and still need to...pursue this with Asus. 

Was the system ever returned to Asus under warranty provisions?

Louis

#3 Joost Dingemans

Joost Dingemans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I sent the system back to Asus stating that I had dead pixels and problems with my internet card. They changed my screen since it was under warranty yet they said there was nothing wrong with my internet card.

So I have to contact Asus again and ask them to check it again. Would it be a fault in my network card or maybe something in my motherboard?

Thanks for the help.

Joost

Edited by Joost Dingemans, 08 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

It sounds like a network card as it only happens on wifi and 100% of the people you know with the  same computer have the same problem. To test the waters a bit, I'd purchase a cheap USB wifi adapter and see if you have the same issue with it.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,747 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well...I would not play with it, since if it is the network card...it might then be indicative of a motherboard problem.  The fact that other owners of same system experience same/similar issue...makes it an Asus issue, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users