Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a virus?, hijack this caught it 3 times and i cannot remove it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eaglewarr7

Eaglewarr7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hope someone can tell me if this file has a virus. my anti virus does not see it, but my pc is stopping and freezing up, It may be related to Iexplore.eve also.    C:\windows\system32\iavlsp.dll

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eaglewarr7

Eaglewarr7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Update the file is on a older HP Pavilion Lap top, Widows XP i deleted Goggle chrome to speed up my system but now since i am Windows explorer its seems to be worst. Thanks I am a rookie at this.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

here is some info on the file

http://www.processadvisory.com/library/iavlsp-dll

Check the file size and MD5 to be sure of authenticity

Looks like you just need to re-install System Mechanic Pro 7... funny product that I've not heard of before, seems legit, but hardly top class defense for your system.

edit:after reading reviews I would recommend you just remove that junkware from your machine. It is notorious for ruining OS's. You can use CCleaner (available in the downloads in this site) if you want an auto system cleaner/tweaker, that is relatively safe.

Edited by TsVk!, 04 December 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#4 anisb3l

anisb3l

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

u can visit this thread also : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216039/depohowidll-and-iavlspdll-need-help-removing-these-please/

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

that's pretty random posting anisb3l, nothing happened on that thread?

#6 anisb3l

anisb3l

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

ya i realize that after i post it.

Eaglewarr7, the dll file looks like belong to iolo system mechanic http://www.systemlookup.com/O10/96-Iavlsp_dll.html

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Anytime you come across a suspicious file or you want a second opinion, submit it to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:--In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.

Iavlsp.dll = System Mechanic 7 Professional's Antivirus

System Mechanic is a comprehensive optimization suite by iolo that purports to improve performance, make repairs and enhance the speed of a computer. It includes a registry cleaner, a registry revitalizer (to fix "so called problems"), system optimizer and several other features.

These types of tools and the claims they make are borderline scams.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

System Mechanic Pro incorporates the same optimization suite but also purports to plug security holes and protect privacy, and includes System Shield AntiVirus & AntiSpyware.

There are several labs which test the effectiveness of major anti-virus programs to include AV-Comparatives.org, Virus Bulletin Comparative Tests, AV-Test.org, NSS Labs Consumer Anti-Malware Products Group Test Report, etc. I cannot find any which have tested System Shield AntiVirus & AntiSpyware. I would be skeptical of any vendor not participating in comparative testing. As such, I would recommend replacing System Shield with a more reputable anti-virus solution.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users