Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pic included: Computer monitor like this, it is dangerous continue using?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HelpUSA

HelpUSA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hello, any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thank you

I have a old computer monitor which I used for 10 years, and it begin to worn out. Lately, I noticed a crack line on the outside cover of the monitor (besel). It is Not on the screen therefore it have no effect on my screen display, so I still continue to use it. But.. I was wondering are there any dangerous if I continue to use it like this?

Here is a pic, please give me your inputs. Thanks
2vipoad.jpg

Edited by HelpUSA, 05 December 2013 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

You shouldn't have any issues continuing to use it, but I'd highly recommend replacing it, with a LCD, especially if you're on Windows 7.  Mostly because Windows 7 has more options for adjusting your picture other than adjusting the resolution.

#3 HelpUSA

HelpUSA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

The outside plastic is called "bezel", I think
Thank you so much,
Right now I am short on money, so it is great news that I can still continue to use it.
I was worried that it might exploded or something, LOL!

I will save up money to buy LCD, I like it too, but now the cheapest LCD is $100
Thanks again,

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

As long as you don't bounce it or get water in it you should be fine.

New Egg has some refurbished HP monitors for $50.  These are most likely lease returns, judging from the PCs I've seen them offer as refurbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users