Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse freezes up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

HI,I have had a problem off and on with my mouse & PC freezing up,also sometimes i hear beeping sound coming out of PC that goes away after a few seconds could this be connected the PSU that i had put in a few months ago.

I was thinking about changing back to OEM PSU,but thought i get ideas about why this is happening.

PC is a DELL E521,WINXP,SP3,3.0Ghz,4 GB RAM,GT610 GPU.

This problem is more annoying because i never know when it will happen and it is probably something simple&stupid as usual

that i may have done and knowing i did it,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Is the beep connected to a system sound - device connect/disconnect? To verify the system sound, go to sound properties - sounds tab and Test (highlight) the Device Connect and disconnect audio output.

Tekken

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

HI,jhayz,The sound does not come out of speakers it is inside PC and it is not very loud.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Check the system sound option as suggested just in case anything is similar or see dell beep codes.

Tekken

#5 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Well i do not know if means anything,but i ran my PC thru DELL DIAGNOSTICS and did not anything wrong PC anywhere it passed every test DELL had in it

even both HDD'S,so the only thing i can think of right now is either i have a little gremlin in system.

The confusing part is it stays the same whether i use the wired mouse or the wireless mouse i.e the scroll freezes up,the pointer freezes up,which could be one in the same,the key board is a LOGITECH wired board,the mouse right now i am using is a M/S wired mouse could there be any conflicting between the

two items this is just annoying more then anything,thanks

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Go to device manager and remove the wireless devices and use the wired peripherals then check the difference. If still the same result, reinstall the usb controllers then reboot as windows would reinstall them again.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users