Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non Wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harty

harty

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hi I have recentley been given an old laptop with xp installed ....It does not have wireless adapter so I want to turn it into a wireless connection as travel away with work and stay in hotels with wi-fi and been looking thru the internet and it seems i need a usb dongle so i can get there connection can some knowledgable person direct me with a make and model number into buying a decent one must be from the United Kingdom as they are loads available and dont wanna waste my money into buying one that isnt any good ty 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Sitecom and Netgear are brands I use and I sourced them from my local Maplins store. You should be able to get a perfectly good one for about £ 20- £ 25. Have a look at their web-site -

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 04 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users