Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maxdog305

Maxdog305

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'll appologize up front if I am not doing something correct...I am technologically challenged. We are experiencing a problem with our email on 1 computer in our house. It works fine on the other one. We can see our emails, open and read but if we click reply the text info goes to a default courrier typeface and a bunch of commands and codes appear. Then we can't do anything and get a red circle with a red diagonal slash (like a no right turn sign). We cannot move back to the in box or trash. I'm guessing we must have corrupted some file on this computer since email works fine on our other computer. Also, our other email accounts work on this computer without problems. We are using Avast for virus protection.Help!

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. Duplicate topic deleted. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Are you using Outlook Express, yahoo, gmail, hotmail? If you use an email address through you ISP it's suggest downloading Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a great free email client that I use myself. In the setup you enter your email address, Your name as you want it to appear, your login and password, your mail server address which is usually "mail:YourISPName.com or .net." The setup may not go in the exact order I listed but the same info. See if that helps and let me know if it does. If not we'll pursue a different strategy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users