Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant install IE11 - Windows Update Reverting Changes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cdub74

cdub74

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

I have been having a problem installing Internet Explorer 11 on Win 7 64bit, the problem started a few days ago when it tried to automatically install as part of the Windows Update, the machine rebooted then got to stage 3 of 3 in the windows update then failed with a message that said reverting changes, it then took me to the login screen I popped in my password to login to the desktop and the desktop would not load instead I was faced with a Black screen, I left the computer for about an hour and nothing had changed, I managed to get back into the computer by going into the System repair and using system restore.

My Security is Norton IS 2014 and Trusteer Rapport, the computer is a HP G5200uk running Windows 7 64bit

Since then I have tried the following

Ran Chkdsk

Ran SFC / Scannow - Found and fixed errors

Ran System Update Readiness

Reset Windows Update Components (using Tweaking.com all in one repair)

Downloaded IE11 manually and installed  - Same Problem

Clean Boot - Same Problem

Since then I have managed to install other updates fine a hotfix was installed yesterday and also installed Office 2010 Service pack 2 today which again was fine there just seems to be a problem with IE11

I have uploaded the IE11_Main.log and also the CBS.log which was too large to attach to the post so have uploaded it to dropbox (link below)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j05y873tlustd34/RpNEj39Xel

Hoping that someone has some more ideas on how I can get this to install.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

If you go to the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program it will open with the option View install updates.  Click on this and see if IE11 is listed there with the date that you last installed it.  Also check to see if there is more than one installation of IE11.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cdub74

cdub74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi dc3

Can only see Windows Internet Explorer 10 as being installed.

Although when looking at the list of updates that have been installed on Windows Update it does say the IE11 installation was successful.

Edited by cdub74, 04 December 2013 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users