Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I have malware that has attached itself to my hardware and it is my MOUSE!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Got2BJB

Got2BJB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

running windows 7 on Dell laptop. the file I can't get rid of is C:\windows\system32\klmouflt.sys its located in device manager mouse properties driver file details. its the only file that is not digitally signed. I can't remove it! anyone know of a good malware utility remover for hardware? I use my computer for school and have finals. Uuuugh!

Edited by hamluis, 04 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hello -

Do you by chance have Kaspersky as your Antivirus ??

If you do, that has just solved your problem (just ignore it). It is your mouse driver -

For those who may be concerned, run these first, then ignore it.

Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully. At worst the tool will run for about 2 minutes

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.

* If you are happy with the list of programs that can be removed ...............
* : Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users