Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite Recovery Disc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mzsfjv

mzsfjv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Not sure if I'm in the correct forum?  I tried to redo my Satellite P300 with the recovery discs I burnt when I bought the laptop.  No recovery partition on this model. The discs indicated an error right at the very end, and of course by that time the "C" drive was wiped.  Outside of buying recovery discs from Toshiba, if they're still available, does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for any help you can provide. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

I would try running the recovery discs again, this may have been a 'blip' and may not repeat. Make sure the discs are clean.

Failing that, what OS did you have on this laptop - XP, Vista, Win 7 ?  If you have a Windows validation code on a sticker on the bottom, and can lay your hands on an install disc for your OS, you can re-install Windows that way. The only problem you are likely to have is sourcing the drivers for the graphics, sound, wi-fi, etc. and the best place to go for them is the Toshiba web-site. If you google 'Toshiba satellite P300 drivers' you will find a number of links.

If all else fails, you can always try Toshiba for recovery discs. I have a set for a Satellite of slightly older vintage and I must admit I have never checked them for integrity !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users