However, though I cannot see the contents, and cannot access them, I do the following:
- I can access that folder's subfolders if I type the subfolders name in the Windows Directory Bar. I can open and move the contents of those subfolders that I accessed this way
- I can see some of my folder's files, and one subfolder, through accessing it via Network Sharing on another computer terminal. Emphasis on 'some of my folder's files'.
I cannot .RAR my folder. WinRAR has the diagnostic contents "CANNOT READ CONTENTS OF FOLDER".
I cannot copy the folder. Well, I can copy it, but it produces a blank, empty folder with nothing in it. Including the 'hidden/missing subfolders' that I can still access in the original.
Since the folder itself reads 0 MB, my harddrive reads several GB lighter. However, files of my subfolder are still there.
I made a new folder within that folder. I exited, and then reentering the folder, the new folder I created is 'gone'.
Last things I've done are:
- moved a scanned .PDF file (from my own scanner) to the folder
- forgot to close the "Accept Cookies" bit on my browser. Contracted three Trojans, which I've since rid my computer of when I remembered
- installed a patch for my scanner, downloaded from HP
Can anyone help me? I need the files of this folder for my work.
I don't know computers very well. I'm not computer competent.
Edited by ComicBookGuy, 04 December 2013 - 10:53 AM.