Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Normal Programs Crash On Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caulfield6

Caulfield6

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:30 AM

Whomsoever it may concern ad will help me,

My brother has a computer and it has a problem that i am unsure of what caused it. The problem is that when Msn Messenger or task manager are started up they crash, with no error message I am unsure of what to do. I have adised hi m to clean out tem documents, cache, and temp files, is there anything else i can do??

C-6
C6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:01 AM

He can start by running checkdisk (scandisk in some versions of Windows) and then defragging his hard drive. Running his resident anti-virus and one or two malware applications so that they thoroughly check for malware is also a good idea.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Caulfield6

Caulfield6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:36 AM

Thanks
C6

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

If the above doesn't work, then ask him if there are any error messages when these applications crash; if so, their exact wording is important for us to know to find the cause of the crashes, as well as precisely how far he got in launching the programmes when the crash occured. We would also need to know if the computer crashes only with these programmes or with others as well.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users