Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2014\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gamla7

gamla7

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hello All,

Found in my Start Up overview (C Cleaner window) a line which seems to refer to the antivirus software I run AVG.  But this AVG start up isn't placed in the huge database kept in Bleeping. I went searching on my HDD to find the avgui.exe file and found 2 of them :

1st : C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2014 - and

2nd : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\SelfUpd\

First line is the obvious place for the exe file but the second line refers to a map MFAData (?) and another submap ?

Now 2 questions :

Q1 - What does it mean when a start-up-line has a sub-command /TRAYONLY ??

Q2 - What is MFAData ? (Doesn't look like an AVG component). In 2011a question was asked in AVG forum about MFA data - without any reply.

After a search on the net I could find a thread in the AVG forum ( .. about the use of AVG uninstaller ...) where this directory was mentioned - but still it isn't clear to me what is its origine ?  Anyway I will completely un-install AVG with the tool provide by AVG and re-install AVG to be sure.  

If AVGUI.exe is a valid AVG entry would be nice to have it in the start-up-database (?).

Thanks for a reply, additional information, ...

Gamla

============================================================================================================

Addicted to my portable T42 [xp] and a Desk PC with mobo Asus P5WD2 E PREMIUM [vista] - both operational in older OS but want to add both onto Linux.  All my application software works perfect in the XP environment. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users