Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good email program for Windows 7???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freedomfirefight

Freedomfirefight

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

I am used to MS outlook express, currently using OE Classic 1.7 which is similar, but not exactly like MS outlook express. Anyone have any experience with any good ones?

Thanks in advance,

Dana

P.S.  I resolved my previous issue with the DLL error, thanks so much again for the help.

Edited by hamluis, 04 December 2013 - 09:11 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Mozilla's Thunderbird.  When you need it up, if you use a smartphone or tablet to also check your email on the go, make sure you set Thunderbird,MTO leave the emails on the server, and to delete from server, when you delete from Thunderbird.

If you need a calendar, you can use Sunbird, but it is very limited, in that it does not work well with Yahoo or other email provider calendars.

I just use my providers web portal for email, since I use a tablet and iPhone, when on the go.  Personally got tired of issues, from third party software products not working like I needed them, since I use my iPhone 99.99% of the time, and my Nexus 7 tablet the rest of the time, to check emails.

Edited by hamluis, 04 December 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#3 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Mail from windows essentials would be the first one I would try ( http://www.windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials )

Otherwise I would second Thunderbird

if you are willing to pay then full MS Outlook... but well you have to pay for that.

Edited by AngryRaisin, 03 December 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Been trying all (I think) free email clients out there, and no one beats it.
I actually liked Thunderbird but was just to clunky UI and sometimes slow, so I've been using Mailbird for a few months now and really like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users