Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing 'last modification date' of many files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mcinwwl

Mcinwwl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi! I have a certain problem, I need to:

-Find all files on both C and D partition that has a modification date never than actual ;

-Change the date to actual for all files found

I tried to do it with Total Commander, but the only solution I managed to find was finding the files and setting their dates manually with 'change attributes' function, and while I have more than 1000 files with wrong date it would take quite a lot of time to fix'em all. I've just downloaded TC  today and don't know it well.

It's better for me to have it solved fastly and I'd be grateful for any solution how to do it in TC or in any other way.

Oh, I would have forgotten to say that I'm using WinXP Home.

Okay I managed to change the attribute for many files, but now I have the question how to do it with those, that don't allow TC to change it?

Edited by Mcinwwl, 03 December 2013 - 05:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users