Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Picture Editor Takes An Age To Open A Pic...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:27 AM

I use MS Picture editor every day in my job.

I bought a new lappy just a month ago.

The program was opening fine but not its taking up to 15 seconds to open a pic. Large or small makes no difference.

Has anyone got a solution? Please..

Edited by snyper, 04 May 2006 - 04:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:12 AM

If you have a lot of pictures stored on you hard drive as I do, and if you see a parallel slowdown in bringing them up (especially in thumbnail view) when exploring the folders, then storing some to disk, deleleting these, and then defragging your hard drive might help.
Also try killing any other applications you may have open at the same time.
How much RAM do you have? IF you have any other picture editor on your computer, do you experience the same slowness when you use it?
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 04 May 2006 - 09:16 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:40 AM

Hello John

I dont have alot of pics on the laptop fro that reason, i dont like clutter on my pc..we have a network for that!
i,ve 512 RAM and i dont have any other progs running there was no prob a few weeks ago and MS Picture viewer is fine...

Edited by jgweed, 05 May 2006 - 09:21 AM.

#4 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:12 AM

I was thinking about removing and reinstalling this program, but i cant find it on the list of programs to remove /or install in windows? How do i find and remove it?

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

If it is not on the Start/Programs drop-down menu, the use Windows Explorer to look for the application. Expand the folder "My Computer" then expand the icon for the appropriate drive, then expand the "Program File" folder. Note that the application may also reside in a separate folder just for itself on that drive. Another way would be to use the search function in Windows Folder (Control-E) for it. Once you find it, expand the application folder to see if iti has its own uninstaller. If the application has a HELP file, look there under "uninstall."
Regards,
John

PS, since providing a full quotation of the immediately preceeding post in a reply is unneeded since the text is readily visible, I took the liberty of removing it.

Edited by jgweed, 05 May 2006 - 09:34 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:11 AM

defragment your hard drive (start, My computer, open, r click on C, properties, tools, defragment now)
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did solve the problem.

Spyblaster?!!

It was causing probs with my emails, (wouldnt send) so i removed it to see if that was the prob, and it was, i just checked my picture editor on the off chance and it was perfect again too...dunno why but...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users