Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need troubleshooting help with HP dc7900 Desktop please?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hello, I just got this unit which came attached to the back of a monitor, I am seeing that this desktop tower needs to be powered by the monitor? When I press the power button on the tower doesn't turn on but the monitor is working fine, please see a pic of the back of this unit in the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-dc7900-Ultra-Slim-Desktop-3-0Ghz-E8400-Core-2-DVDRW-2GB-X-80GB-/360797538447?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

You will see that there isn't a regular 3-prong power cord input? Any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

From the ad:

"No AC Power Supply adapter included"

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hp-dc7900-power-supply

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

so there isn't any other way to power this unit other than by the video cord? if yes and I am connecting this tower to a working monitor and it does not power on, does this mean the tower is dead?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

I have one of these ultra slim I purchased 2 years ago. It requires an external power brick. If you didn't get it as Platypus noted,

then you will have to purchase one. No way around doing that. Not an HP but a Lenovo ultra slim.

I'm not recommending purchasing this one, but this is what it looks like: Amazon.com: AC Adapter HP Compaq DC7900 USDT Ultra-Slim Desktop PC Charger Power Supply Cord: Electronics

Edited by buddy215, 03 December 2013 - 10:07 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,519 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

ok,. got it, thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users