Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple TV tie in

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 UNdefy

UNdefy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hello all!

I have a small shop and a following problem. I have recently put up 2 tvs, haning from ceiling, between the tills (cash registers). The are arranged in the following manner: till1, tv, till2, till3, tv,till4. The tvs hang above the passage ways between the tills and play commercials from a usb memory stick.

What i want to do: Have a small over lay on each side of the tv with the till number. So the screen looks like this:

TV_Scr.png

Once the till is operational the the side bar changes to green otherwise stays red.

Is it possible to do this? Where do i start?

Will appreciate any help from all yee gurus =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

OK. This is quite complicated.

First we need some software to split the TV into 3 parts, then insert videos in it and try to start the video, which I didn't found one, but we may connect PC to TV right away and setup 3 programs in the secondary screen (Windows can do that.) but there will be programs bar in your screen, won't be problems but it's about design and it's up to you. Second part is about tills open/close, this is much easier, I think there's software that can do this, click a button from each till's computer and then send command to main PC and change color, if we cannot found one I think I can make it for you.

Let me know that is there's any problem with program bars.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 UNdefy

UNdefy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Nice one. Somewhere to start :) So lets start with the first part.

1. We have a centralized computer which controls all the tvs. Will the tvs play the same commercial or is it possible to break up the commercials? So each tv plays a different one?

2. Will i have to stretch cables from tv to computer or is it possible to do it wirelessly?

Cheers!

Edited by UNdefy, 03 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

1. Actually, this is not a very good idea, but works, like this:

8eBDyb1.png

(Pretends that those explorer windows are till stats.)

Yes can play different one but just needs two video playing programs, but about audio I don't know, but without audio its ok to play different ads at once.

2. You can use standard VGA cable, but about wireless, will needs a bit of researching. And please let me know the range from your centralized PC to both tv.

Thank you.

Edited by Sirawit, 03 December 2013 - 09:11 AM.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm not really sure how this is a networking issue. I'm not saying that to be an ass, its just you might get more help in other sections of this forum.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 UNdefy

UNdefy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm not really sure how this is a networking issue. I'm not saying that to be an ass, its just you might get more help in other sections of this forum.

Your not mate. Which section is that? I thought since i needed to interface my equipment with each other and basically create a network between it, this section would be the most appropriate.

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

lol not sure where else it could go...it's a very unusual question/problem. But you seem to be getting ideas so it's all good =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users