Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My screen keeps going black as soon as i boot up my computer or go fullscreen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brobocop

Brobocop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Look this situation is really really odd.My computer works fine.Perfectly actually but as soon as i boot it up the screen goes black.To actually use it i have to : turn it on until i hear windows sound then unplug my screen and re-plug several times.That does nothing but after i do that and restart 2 more times after i unplug and re-plug my screen just turns on.And from there my computer works just fine but its takes like 10 ******* minutes to get it to work everytime.And then if i open a game in full screen it just goes black again(not in all games) so i have to start unpluging/repluging again until it turns on and then the game just works.It's sooooo weird i really need help.I have already updated my graphics card drivers and i've tried other things i found on the internet but nothing works! HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Have you tried a different monitor?

Might be an issue with your power supply.  Hard to say without more information on your machine, specifically make and model.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

i've tried other things i found on the internet but nothing works!

What other things have you tried?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

If you can, does this problem persist.

It would help if you post the manufacturer and model of this computer.

If you can, please perform the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Edited by dc3, 03 December 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users