Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 won't boot up!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RJDiaz

RJDiaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

I recently purchased a new Win 8 computer, everything was working well until I started updating to 8.1. While the update was installing I powered down the PC, when I turned it on again the text on the bottom of the screen read automatic repair. After a while the the troubleshooting window opened! Please help me fix this problem! I do have another PC, but it is windows 7!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xendistar

xendistar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

I had a similar problem when I installed Win8 on my new Laptop, (came with win7 installed and recovery disc for Windows 8). The install of win8 got to a point where it rebooted and asked me to login so I closed the PC down assuming it was installed. Bad move following morning PC would not boot. Had to start the install of win8 again, took a good fews hours and several reboots along the way. My move from win 8 to win 8.1 was straightforward.

If I was you I would wipe the disk and re-install of windows 8 and then try to install 8.1 again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users