Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downgrading "Windows 7" To "Windows XP"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sonic_944

sonic_944

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah "Windows 7" stinks. It gives me so many BSODs for my drivers, unstable at times etc. So I went to downgrade "Windows 7" to "Windows XP" this morning and it says "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues." So I went to click "Check for solutions online" and it gives me a "404" error. How to downgrade my PC from "Windows 7" to "Windows XP"? Sorry if it's in the wrong thread.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

You can not directly downgrade back to windows XP. If it were me, i would advise looking into why you are getting the blue screens and errors, especially since windows XP will be EOL (end of life) as of April of 2014. If you do not wish to do that, you would need to preform a fresh O.S. install using the windows xp media. Copy all needed files and information, and wipe the drive, and reinstall.

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

what system do you have? Id hate to see you downgrade to xp. I was an xp fan but I'll say windows 7 

is a good os. Whatever  driver problems your having we can help you work that out.

Edited by Roodo, 02 December 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#4 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Agreed, I would not advise going back to XP. You should post the issues you are having, especially the blue screen error codes, and those can be addressed, why go back to an outdated O.S?

#5 sonic_944

sonic_944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

The reason why I want to go back is becasue everyone I know (my dad, the IT guys that my dad's friends with) hates "Windows 7", "Windows Vista" and "Windows 8". Heck, even "NINTENDO", whom I'm an indie developer for, said to use "WINDOWS XP". i hate updating unless I have to.

#6 rcxman

rcxman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Just RE-install Windows 7. XP will not serve you any better. Probably some windows or driver (or both) issues here. Have all the win updates installed and drivers also latest - including video driver and chipset driver.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

There is not much point in going back...End Of Support For Windows XP SP3 is April 8, 2014
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users