Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhakie

jhakie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490484/wu-error/ - Hamluis.

Hi, I am having the same problems with updates.  I'm currently running SFCFix on it's own.  It seems to be stuck at 'Checking store directories...' for quite a while.  Can I send log files to you to analyze?  

Edited by hamluis, 02 December 2013 - 01:53 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhakie

jhakie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I am attaching my log files for anyone who can help.  Thanks.

Here they are.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.zip   38.49KB   5 downloads

#3 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hello!

Unfortunately, Microsoft Support have hit the issue right on the head. Your COMPONENTS sub-hive is completely corrupt. If it were only a key or value that were broken, it could be repaired, but not when every single key and value is corrupt. I'm really sorry, but you are going to have to reinstall as advised :(

Richard

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users