Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7, IE 11 and Flash Player 11.9.900.152

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 t2380

t2380

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

When I go to the Version test page (h*t*t*p://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html) for Adobe Flash Player using IE 11 it claims I don't have Flash Player installed but both Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin show up in the Control Panel under "Uninstall or change a program". Sites requiring Flash Player work and the version test page works fine with Firefox 25.0.1.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this and what I have to do to get the version test page to work correctly with IE 11.

Thanks,

t2380

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

There are two (at least) different versions of Flash - one for IE and one for other browsers. You obviously have the Firefox version, but you need to start up IE and use it to go to the Adobe web-site (www.adobe.com) and then run the Flash install process. This should solve your problem.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 t2380

t2380
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear. Flash Player for IE 11 functions everywhere except for select pages on adobe.com. For example with IE 11 when I go here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and under "1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer" and click the "Check Now" box a grren check mark in a circle appears and beside that it says, "Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player Installed. Start playing games, listening to music, and watching videos!"

I can watch youtube videos, use Pandora, play flash games, etc., etc. it just does not function on some adobe.com pages for some reason.

I am aware that there are separate versions of Flash Player for Firefox and IE and I have installed each.

Thanks for trying to help,

t2380

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

There have been reports of some users experiencing somewhat similar problems and have been able to resolve by turning off 'Smartscreen Filter. Close IE then reopen.

Many users who have updated to IE 11 have had problems with Flashplayer and have rolled back to IE 10 as I did.

MS is aware of the problem and don't know if there is a patch available.

Good Luck

#5 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

The last 3 or 4 versions of flashplayer have been loaded with problems. Even if it was properly installed it wouldn't work on some sites. recently I installed it 4 times and it still wouldn't work until I  uninstalled firefox, installed flash and reinstalled firefox.

#6 t2380

t2380
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I've never had a problem like that before and I could only reproduce it on this one computer so couldn't figure out if it was the computer, flash or perhaps that I'd made some sort of mistake when I installed Flash.

Appreciate it,

t2380

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users