Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual CPU Mobo's (any home users still playing with these?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

I was over looking some old IBM netfinity manuals from 2001 and saw these dual pentium iii mobo cpu's, it got me thinking does any home users still build these dual physical cpu computers, and is there any advantage to say, two xeon's or two amd-64's [specifically curious about the amd's] ?

I did some digging and found that windows 7 will support dual cpu's (according to a question/answer site)

Any chance anyone on the board has a recent setup and would like to discuss how they like theirs?

Dual xeon Mobo:

http://www.antonline.com/newimages/300/1021849199.jpg

Edited by drwmbt, 02 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Personally i would be putting ESXi on it, i believe its free now for ^ 32 GIG of ram but it might be single CPU licence only. Could give it a try but dual CPU is more for computations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users