Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs hang/freeze after coming starting from sleep/idle mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dot511

dot511

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hello, I currently have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420, Windows 7 x64-bit.

I've recently run into this problem where, after starting my laptop up from sleep mode, some programs will freeze/hang when I attempt to use them. For example, when I log back into my computer from sleep mode and open Google Chrome, I cannot load anything, as if I have no internet connection, although I am connected to a network. I would then proceed to close Chrome, and try opening a new window for Chrome. But, Chrome will not appear anymore. I would then open task manager and see that there is still a Chrome process running, and I cannot kill that process. I have also noticed that the program, Steam (gaming platform), also is not responding, and cannot kill that process either from task manager. I would then try to shut down the computer, but the computer ends up hanging at the Shutting Down screen. This forces me to manually shut down the computer using the power switch. Other times, windows explorer will become non-responsive, and I must manually shut down the computer at that point. I have tried scanning with Malware Bytes and no viruses/malware is found. I have also tried using CCleaner to try and clean up my system. I have ran Chkdisk for hard drive errors, as well as the system file checker. This problem occurred about a month ago, and I do not recall anything unusual that I did during that time. The problem occurs maybe once every five times coming out of sleep mode. I also notice that this problem occurs more often when changing networks while the computer is in sleep mode (going from home to school).

If anyone could offer advice on this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users