Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound through headphones in Chrome

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tronk

tronk

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm running Windows 8 on a slightly older HP laptop, and I've never had any real issues with it until last week.  I'm not sure if it's related to a program I installed which turned out to be malware (it installed "Conduit" software that hijacks my search engine and sends it to a "Centurylink" search engine instead of DuckDuckGo.  I haven't been able to expunge the malware from Chrome yet, but Firefox seems unaffected.

My bigger concern, though, is that Chrome won't play sounds through the headphones anymore.  Firefox, VLC, WMP, etc. all work fine through the headphones, but Chrome won't play any sounds.  The "connected" and "disconnected" beeps play through the headphones, and all sounds work through them on everything besides Chrome.  I've tried everything I can think of ussing Chrome's settings and tools, extensions.  The only thing I can imagine is that the Conduit/Centurylink malware changed some obscure setting I'm not aware of.  Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users