Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio jack giving out muffled, bad quality sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShoesandHats

ShoesandHats

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

This has been a problem for me for a few months now, but it's just getting unbearable.

So, here's the situation:Oftentimes, my headphones give out muffled audio. It makes it virtually impossible to make out human speech, and just generally isn't very good. In the past, I could fix this by adjusting the headphone jack somewhat, but over time I've had to do it more violently and I'm concerned at this point that I'll harm the computer if I continue doing it. Now, whenever it happens, I have to wiggle the jack around with a decent amount of force to get it to work properly.

I'm not particularly good with computer hardware, so I'm not entirely sure what the exact issue could be. If you need any more information, just ask. I'd be happy to provide it. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShoesandHats

ShoesandHats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Nevermind. I just hooked up a pair of speakers with audio ports of their own into the back, and it works pretty well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users