Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IASO Backup Manager slows DSL to a crawl!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

My wife works for a company that uses the IASO software to backup her pc to the cloud. When they installed the software onto her pc and started to backup her files the internet slowed to a crawl. We have three other pcs that are connected to a DSL line and we can really see the difference when she is uploading her files. At one point we stopped the backup so that we could use the other pcs and do some work on the internet. Even though we stopped the backup the DSL speed was still slow! I had this happen once before and the only thing that worked was to uninstall the IASO software. So the company that she works with uninstalled it again this time but it was still slow. I finally went into MSCONFIG and unchecked the IASO Backup Manager in the "start up folder" and the "service folder"----that did it!!! We were back to our normal DSL speed 5.65 Mbps down and .41 Mbps up. ( I know that the normal speed seems slow to some of you---but we are living in an area where they have to pipe in sunshine--end of the line for DSL North Carolina!!!) This happens when using IE 10 or Google Chrome.

The wife's pc specs are:

Windows7 64-bit OS (full retail version)

Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Contiuous power ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V 80 PLUS CERTIFIED ACTIVE PFC POWER SUPPLY

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB HD

Intel i7-2600K  Sandy Bridge 3.40GHz *(3.8 GHz Turbo Boost) 8MB Cache  LGS1155,  95W  CPU  Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Intel DH67BL  Unlocked & Unleashed--MB

16GB Ram

Two DVD Burners

2.0 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External HD for a backup

We use Trend Micro on all four of our pcs.

The IT people at the company that she works for says they have no idea why we are having a problem--they have been using the IASO software for years and they love it! I wish I loved it as well!!!

Any help is appreciated!

Fred

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users