Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE10 Broken and can't Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 toonbon

toonbon

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I was running IE10 fine  on Windows 7 when I decided to remove the Googe IE Toolbar with Revo Uninstaller Pro.  It looks like I cut too deep because now when I try to run IE10 it seems to stop before completely loading (like when it trys to add the Google toolbar?).  The address bar won't take any URL's and it's basically dead.

I tried reinstalling IE10 but the install says IE10 is already installed.

I tried removing IE10 with Revo Uninstaller Pro but IE10 is not in the list of installed programs.

I looked in Control Panel | Programs and Features, to uninstall from there, but IE10 is not there either.

I also did a restore to before the system restore point set by Revo Uninstaller Pro before it removed the Google toolbar, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by toonbon, 01 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Have you tried un-installing from "Programs and features"?

Try resetting your browsers options to their defaults.

^Maybe some suggestions.

Also,

You could try to use the BitDefender Internet Security 2013, and start the repair or uninstall option. It might help

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#3 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

You can find the IE folder program in: C drive: Program Files>IE. You will want to open folder>highlight and delete all items. Should have mentioned if this is still a problem( I had something similar) I cleaned folder as mentioned then installed IE9, went back into Microsoft IE download for windows 7 ( I have 64 bit) and then downloaded IE 10, which replaced 9. You can go back to C: Program Files and see install date. Also About Internet Explorer to see version.

Edited by mhoss49, 01 December 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

IE 10 is not listed in the normal Programs and Features.

It's elsewhere within it and not difficult to find.

Open up Programs and Features.

After it loads look on the left side of the page and click View installed updates.

Let all the updates load, then scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section. Look through the list for Windows Internet Explorer 10. You can then uninstall.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#5 toonbon

toonbon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks Queen-Evie.  That worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users