Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

opening non home user accounts freezes operating system

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mikloslos

mikloslos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have Windows home premium 7 and recently had a conduit (Connect) search engine infection of IE, Google Chrome and Firefox search engines that took many hours to get rid of, apparently successfully. However, when my Guest Account is opened, it appears to load Ok, but at the very end of showing my desktop apps, I lose all control of the PC- mouse doesn't work (cursor not visible) and can only log off by power off. Then it return apparently normally to my home administrator account. I have bit defender and microsoft security essentials running. I downloaded Minitoolbar first, ran it to no avail, then Combofix with internet off, and both antivirus real time scans off. took a long time and it removed lots of stuff, but no impact on this problem. Then ran Malwarebytes with similar no impact. Then created a separate User Account and same result. I have run out of ideas. Help, please!

Attached File  Result.txt   14.08KB   2 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 01 December 2013 - 03:07 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users