Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Ads by Bettersmurf"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bridger253

Bridger253

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hello and thanks for reading! Recently I started getting this strange new problem where any webpage I open will sometimes have a bunch of new ads in it that say at the bottom "Ads by Bettersmurf". Also, new tabs will open to random ads or downloads when I click any links, searchbars, anything really. I did a full scan with McAfee and it found an ad related "potentially unwanted program" but I told it to get rid of it and the problem remains. I've also tried using a different browser (both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome). Hopefully something can be figured out about it. Thank you for your time! 

I've attached some screenshots to this post.
--Screenshot 1 shows a new ad that keeps opening in a new tab and window
--Screenshot 2 shows an example of ads appearing on pages on a website.
(the latter is .gif instead of .png to meet memory requirements)

I do know that these things can happen when you're using the internet in general, but these particular things are occurring in different places and ways than I've ever had in the past. It doesn't always happen, but often does.

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 December 2013 - 04:23 AM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Are you sure it's not BetterSurf rather than BetterSmurf?

Google search: "ads by bettersurf removal"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users