Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3rd Party Uninstall Program FUBAR'd my PC - help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aaron88_7

aaron88_7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Earlier today I was uninstalling a program and I typically use IObit Uninstaller to do any uninstalls.  However, before doing so I had just installed a recently released version of IObit Uninstaller and apparently that was a huge mistake...

I never use the batch uninstaller with IObit because it makes me too nervous, so I start uninstalling just this one program.  As I'm waiting it seems to be taking a bit longer than usual.  I look closer at the screen and it's freaking uninstalling EVERYTHING!  I can't even cancel the process because the cancel button is grayed out so I quickly try to end the process.  I only saw it uninstalling games from Steam, but once I finally get the process shut down I notice some other programs are missing, like Firefox, and some others.

After that happened I ran System Restore to a restore point from a few days ago.  Windows does its thing, and I can still log into Windows but I'm still missing a lot of my programs, and also getting a few start-up errors, but at this point it's nothing major because I can still log in and have access to most of my data.  So I run System Restore a few more times with no luck; I can still login but some software is missing.  

I run Sys Restore one last time and now I can't even get to the login screen.  The PC boots up, begins loading Windows, but instead of a login screen I get a black empty screen with just the mouse curser, but nothing else.  I get the same result when I try to boot into Safe mode.  I've used my Windows 7 install disc to try to repair the startup issue but it's not working.

Unfortunately I don't have a backup so I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Edited by aaron88_7, 30 November 2013 - 11:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Have you tried doing a restore from safe mode? The only uninstaller I use is Revo Uninstaller. Have been using it for years. I had an almost identical experience with IOBit a few years ago.

#3 aaron88_7

aaron88_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

I can't get into safe mode, something is stopping me from getting to the Login screen.  Just a blank screen with the mouse curser appears regardless if I boot normally or into safe mode.

There's got to be a way to log in, Windows appears to be booting just fine; it begins booting Windows 7 but something is causing it to get stuck and not load the login screen.  Is there a way to hack in and bypass the login screen?  I think that might work, but I'm just guessing at this point.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

My suggestion would be to use another computer and download a boot disk for you model. Some specs on your machine will be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users