Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple basic driver problems... problem not for the feint of heart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ciarlissimo

ciarlissimo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hello,

I am using my PC to access the internet and get help. The problem is with my laptop (Hp Pavilion dv6). Quite a while ago I downloaded and installed Glary utilities, sometime after that it asked to update to latest version and I did. There were not problems with upgrading or laptop running after that. I was watching a movie on my laptop last night and it stopped / paused now and then for about 10-12 seconds each time. I "diagnosed" the problem as being the Glary utilities which after the latest upgrade installed a automatic defragmenter of some kind. I thought that the movie pausing problem had something to do with Glary utilities and since I hadn't been using Glary and it had become way to complicated I decided to uninstall it from my laptop. I performed the uninstall process by using Revo Uninstaller (free version), I have used it in the past for other uninstalls and have never had a problem. Midway through the uninstall a question popped up which said something "...delete... backups...." I don't know exactly what it said but I was itching to get back to the movie and I clicked too fast. After the complete removal of Glary I rebooted the laptop and my old desktop had changed to a different grahics setting, I rebooted once more and my old familiar desktop came back, however, many basic drivers stopped working, including network adapter (MS ISATAP Adapter #2) which has a "Limited access" message next to my home wifi connection, in the wireless popup box which shows all available networks. My portable MS mouse has stopped working wireless USB is not being recognized I guess - when I connect a portable HD it does not get recognized, there are more yellow ! in the Device Manager window.

Anybody?

Thank you in advance and will again afterwards...

Carlo in Vancouver, Canada

Edited by hamluis, 05 December 2013 - 12:42 PM.
Moved from Vista to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Try a system restore to a time prior to when you installed Glary utilities

--- You installed Glary utilities for a reason

--- So look into performing maintenance on the computer and also make sure it's good & clean

------ If applicable, let us know what issues you have to see if we can help you

--- If you get any error messages, please report them word for word; we can't see your computer

If there are still driver problems

Go to HP's website and download/burn the drivers for your Pavilion DV6 onto CD from another computer 

--- What OS are you using and how old is the computer?

Install the network driver first if you can't connect to the internet

Sorry, I just ealized you are using Vista

Edited by cmptrgy, 30 November 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#3 ciarlissimo

ciarlissimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hi

Glary was installed as a general (free) cleaning utility, to keep the computer in good, fast running order. I also use Ccleaner and have never had any issues. Since installing Glary, a message comes up pre boot up mentioning something about defragging, I normally skip the action with intent of defragging at a later time. Perhaps it was defragging, perhaps not, I blamed the Glary utilities (thinking it was running a defrag) when I saw the movie I was playing pausing now and then and decided that since I had not used Glary since installing it (mostly use Ccleaner) I would uninstall it, assuming it was causing the playback problem (it may not have been Glary). Problems started after complete removal of Glary and possibly some kind of backup files which I clicked thru rather quickly. I will go to HP and download drivers, starting with network driver first, as right now it will not connect (fully) to internet. Other challenge is that only CD player is only way in as USB are not recognized. computer is about 3 years old. I am running Windows 7 (64) on both laptop and PC (where I am writing from).

Thanks for replying, I will keep you posted.

Carlo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users