Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

StopZilla Causing computer to freeze

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Codered

Codered

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

I recently built myself a new computer and installed AVG as well as StopZilla.

Each time I boot up my computer, in the event viewer there is an error that shows

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
is3srv"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it today, but even right after installation my computer froze. It freezes anytime i try to run a scan or update to latest versions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MichaelLynn

MichaelLynn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

StopZilla is Malware!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Instructions

1 Click the "Start" button or round Windows logo at the bottom corner of the screen, and then click "Control Panel."

2 Double-click "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features." If your Control Panel is displayed in the Category mode and you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, click "Uninstall a Program."

3 Find "STOPzilla" on the list of programs. Highlight it, and then click the "Remove" or "Uninstall" button.

4 Click "Yes" when prompted to confirm that you are sure you want to uninstall STOPzilla.

5 Click the "No--Uninstall" button when you are asked if you would like to download the full version of STOPzilla using the TrialPay

service.

6 Close the browser window when the STOPzilla uninstall routine pops up an advertisement, and then restart the computer STOPzilla is removed from the computer.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_6755783_uninstall-stopzilla.html#ixzz2mBH7obkm

If this will not work, please post back for instructions on REVO Uninstaller -

Thank You -

#4 Codered

Codered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

The issue isnt uninstallation. I want to have StopZilla installed. StopZilla is designed to protect your computer from certain kinds of malicious software such as spyware and adware in real time.

The issue is that the program is not working properly. It is causing my computer to freeze either when I try to run a scan or when I try to update StopZilla to the latest update.

I have had this program installed on my previous computer for the past 2 years, it is not malware.

In the Event Viewer, I get an error on boot up that says the following

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
is3srv"

Has anyone had a similar issue or is possibly able to help me fix the issue? That does not involve uninstalling the program all together.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

The issue isnt uninstallation. I want to have StopZilla installed. StopZilla is designed to protect your computer from certain kinds of malicious software such as spyware and adware in real time.

StopZilla is not a program you want on your computer, it installs by stealth methods, and will not do what it claims.

The issue is that the program is not working properly <= Then Uninstall the program FIRST -

You will also find this version of Zilla is clashing with your AVG - That is your Error message -

Uninstall Zilla -

Edited by noknojon, 01 December 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

STOPzilla by iS3 Affiliate which offers a line of software products to include Anti-virus, Mobile Anti-virus, Anti-malware and Optimizer - see here. Over the years, STOPzilla has had mixed reviews as to its effectiveness to deal with malware and some reviews indicate it is a dubious program. The introduction of PC Optimization has led to more questions and concerns about their product as programs which purport to improve system performance, optimize and make repairs/tune up a computer are generally borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product. There is no statistical evidence to back claims of system optimization by STOPzilla or the makers of any such utility.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Please read: Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Since you advise you are using STOPzilla alongside AVG, there may be conflicts causing the issues you describe. See the IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this topic: Choosing an Anti-Virus Program
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users