Hello everyone. I need some help here. Here are my two questions below:
1 )You were hired as the System Support Technician (SST) to help maintain the PCs within the organization. The
ICT Manager requested that you outline the range of maintenance activities that would be performed on the
1. You are therefore required to outline a PC Maintenance Plan for the organization.
o The Maintenance Plan should include Software and Hardware maintenance.
o The plan should indicate a general approach to each of the maintenance activities documented within.
Where relevant you are to indicate the frequency in which specific maintenance activities should
Typical Maintenance Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Software maintenance: upgrade software eg virus definition files; patches/updates; scheduling
maintenance tasks; utility software eg defragmentation, clean-up, back-up, system profilers; other third
party utility software eg compression utilities, spyware/malware removal etc.
• Hardware maintenance: upgrade hardware; install and configure new peripherals eg printers, scanners;
install and configure additional or replacement devices eg hard drive, memory, graphics, sound, optical
media, network; cleaning equipment etc.
• File management: manage files/folders; back-up procedures etc.
2) The ICT Manager has requested that you list any tools that need to be purchased along with any industry best
practices that should be adopted to enhance the IT Operations. Assist the ICT Manager by providing the
2. A recommendation of a list of tools (hardware/software), that would assist the SST in performing the
maintenance tasks on personal computers.
3. A detailed explanation of health and safety precautionary measures involved when working with PCs.
Additionally, why these measures are necessary when building and configuring computer systems.