Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RunDLL error after Conduit uninstall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freedomfirefight

Freedomfirefight

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

After uninstalling Conduit (because I thought it was garbage), I keep getting the following RunDLL error after startup:

" C:\Users\Dana\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll "

" The specified module could not be found. "

This is driving me crazy, I just bought this computer, but that's what I get for messing around with it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Dana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

I am not familiar with the software, but this normally happens because the program has not been fully un-installed !

How did you un-install it - with its own un-installer; through 'Control panel / Programs and features'; or did you just zap the folder called 'Conduit' ?

I would look in 'Control panel / Programs and features' to see if it is still listed there. If it is, click on it and then click 'Uninstall' which you will see above the list of installed programs and with any luck the problem, and the program, will disappear from your life !

If it doesn't, then I recommend you try the 'Revo Un-installer' which you can get from here :

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Download and install the FREEWARE version and run it. It will list all the software on your computer. Then select 'Conduit' and then click on un-install at the top. this little program is very good at gettiing rid of left over fragments of programs which are supposed to have been uninstalled.

Don't worry yourself too much about this error message, it is nothing to get excited about and has happened to many of us at one time or another !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Coder Bob

Coder Bob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Go here and follow the directions:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning/run-dll-error-messagebackground-containerdll/49612202-667e-4a71-8e9a-d02161d8bc19

#4 Freedomfirefight

Freedomfirefight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thank you Chris and Coder Bob. I will give them a shot.

Sincerely, Dana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users